Veterinary hospitals provide a full range of general medical and surgical services as well as specialized treatments, from simple wellness visits to spaying and neutering, along with complex diagnostics (including MRIs and CT scans) and a wide variety of surgical procedures.
Because of the advanced nature of a veterinary hospital’s practice, these organizations are at considerable risk from a variety of exposures, including hazardous chemicals, radioactive material, biological materials, zoonotic diseases and pathogens, sharps and medical wastes, and more. These, are, of course, all in addition to the typical exposures found in your average business environment. However, with proper planning and insurance, these organizations can mitigate their both risk and the potential for business disruption in the event of a claim.
Designed by and for animal welfare advocates, PetPro™ is a revolutionary business insurance program that is unmatched in breadth, scope, and complete dedication to the pet care industry. PetPro strongly supports pet rescues, fosters, and adoptions, and does not insure businesses that sell pets of any kind. PetPro insures:
- Veterinary Hospitals
- Animal Welfare Organizations
- Pet Care Professionals
PetPro understands veterinary hospitals and the many risks they face, and provides the coverage they need to ensure that their business is adequately shielded from potentially catastrophic loss.
PetPro provides the most extensive professional liability coverage available today. Where other insurers offer add-on coverages that cost “extra,” PetPro provides the best coverage with the first quote, backed by stellar support and service — and all at a great price!
- Workers’ Compensation
- General Liability – Premises and Operations
- Professional Liability (up to $3M) with Consent to Settle
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Business Income (Disaster Recovery)
- Inland Marine (includes specialized and mobile equipment)
- Auto (including truck contents)
- Products and Completed Operations
- Product Recall by Governmental Authority
- Employee Practices Liability(EPLI)
- Excess Coverage (up to $5M)
- Employee Dishonesty
- Evacuation and Relocation
- Crisis Management Expense Reimbursement
- Defense Expenses (for cruelty allegations)
- Loss or Damage to Companion Pets
- Coverage for Volunteers and Fosters
- Animal Bailee (coverage for companion pets in your care)
- Adoption Denial Coverage
- Pet Adoption and Special Events Coverage
- Pet Foster Parents Liability Coverage